Addus to Acquire Gentiva’s Personal Care Business in $350M Deal

Addus HomeCare Corporation (NASDAQ: ADUS) has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Gentiva’s personal care business for about $350 million. Gentiva’s personal care segment brings in annual revenues of close to $280.0 million. Post-transaction, Addus will continue with a leverage ratio of less than 3x, with the ability to further that amount with the […]

Gentiva Engineers Unique Palliative Care Payment System Via AIM Program

Gentiva Health Services has committed to expanding its recently established Advanced Illness Management (AIM) palliative care model in 2024, including its unique approach to reimbursement. The company has its roots in the former Kindred at Home. Once among the nation’s largest home health and hospice providers, Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) acquired the company in 2021. […]

Hospice Investors to Watch in 2024

Though the number of hospice M&A deals plummeted in 2023 compared to prior years, deals are still being made, and the industry may see a rebound in 2024. Transaction volume declined in the hospice and home-based care space in 2023, following the two record-breaking prior years. Only three hospice deals took place in the third […]

How Former President Carter Helped Shape Hospice Care

As Jimmy Carter marks his sixth month in hospice care, the provider community is raising awareness by saluting the former president. The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) convened a group of hospice leaders at Times Square in New York City to commemorate Carter’s hospice experience. Some hospice executives have said they believe that […]

Gentiva Inks Deal to Acquire Heartland Hospice from ProMedica for $710 Million

The hospice, palliative care and personal care provider Gentiva has agreed to acquire Heartland Hospice and other assets from the nonprofit health system ProMedica.  Heartland is valued at $710 million, Bloomberg reported. Gentiva is a portfolio company of the private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CDR). The Atlanta-based provider emerged from the former hospice […]

Hospice M&A ‘Historically Strong’ Despite Recent Cool Down

Though investors and strategic buyers didn’t wade quite as deep into the hospice market in 2022 compared to years prior, the tide may be rising for M&A during 2023. Though hospice M&A activity fluctuated last year, volume is expected to rebound, but probably with larger numbers of smaller deals. Swelling demand for hospice and home […]

5 Game-Changing Hospice Deals from 2022

Though hospice deal volume dipped in 2022 compared to previous years, five particular transactions could paint a larger picture of where investors see value in the space. These interesting, unusual or groundbreaking deals could signal what’s to come in 2023 and help shape the hospice market’s long-term future. Optum to pick up LHC Group Though […]

Humana Completes $2.8 Billion Kindred Hospice Divestiture

Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) has completed its $2.8 billion sale of Kindred at Home’s hospice and personal care segments, divesting a 60% stake to the private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice. Humana will retain the remaining 40%. The sale coincides with Humana’s stated goal of raising its enterprise value by $1 billion, while building […]

CDR Asks State to Approve Sale of 2 Oregon Kindred at Home Locations

Two Oregon locations included in Humana’s (NYSE: HUM) divestiture of Kindred at Home’s hospice assets are currently under review by the state’s health authority — part of the diligence process involved in any M&A transaction. Humana in April signed a definitive agreement to sell a 60% stake in Kindred at Home to private equity firm […]